About the role
Senior Advisor – Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Be part of a committed team working to end family violence and violence against women
- Full time (negotiable), 6 month fixed-term
- Flexible work arrangements
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the Director, Prevention of Violence Against Women, this 6-month fixed term role will fill an immediate and short term resourcing gap in the primary prevention team. The Senior Advisor – Prevention of Violence Against Women will provide high-level support and advice around internal operations of the primary prevention team to the Director. They will undertake priority work tasks to meet objectives and timelines as needed.
The Senior Advisor will need to step in to actively manage projects and key project activities that are at different stages of the project cycle until the recruitment of project staff can occur.
This person will need to be highly competent in managing projects through different stages of project management cycle including project design, project management, contract management, working with consultants, and setting up evaluation and monitoring.
This role will also backfill the Director as needed and be a point of contact for staff and stakeholders one day per week.
For more information, download the position description.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL HAVE:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in public policy, health or related discipline and/or equivalent demonstrable experience (at least four years)
- Experience in a role/organisation engaged in Prevention of Violence against Women or gender equality
- Highly developed experience in project management
- Experience of project and contract management processes and practices
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a variety of purposes
- Ability to prepare project briefs, reports, proposals, and recommendations on complex issues
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to interact professionally and confidently with a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of key primary prevention and response frameworks and standards and prevention sector (desirable)
About the organisation
Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV) is a state-wide resource centre that focuses on building the capacity of systems, organisations and professionals to prevent and respond to family violence. We are also a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) who provides training and capacity building activities to meet workforce development needs from prevention to response.
DVRCV and Domestic Violence Victoria (DV Vic) have agreed to merge under the umbrella of DV Vic.
DV Vic is the peak body for specialist family violence response services for victim survivors in Victoria. DV Vic is an independent, non-government organisation which:
- Advocates and provides advice to government with and on behalf of its members
- Leads innovation and influences policy, legislation and community attitudes
- Works with its members to strengthen specialist family violence practice and build the capacity of human services
- Works respectfully and collaboratively with its partners
DV Vic’s work is informed by the experiences of adult and child victim survivors impacted by family violence.
This role will be employed by DV Vic and initially based at DVRCV during the merge transition period.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Advisor – Prevention of Violence Against Women via Pro Bono Australia.