About the role
We are now seeking a skilled, highly motivated Senior Development Executive to join our growing team. Based in Melbourne, this fast-paced role will suit a talented mid-career professional keen to make a positive impact on the future of Australia’s threatened wildlife by mobilising philanthropic support, primarily from generous individuals. You’ll be joining an extremely talented team of Development executives who are committed to raising funds to achieve great outcomes for conservation. This is an incredibly fun, exciting and dynamic role – no two days are ever the same! Your key responsibilities include recruiting donors, building and stewarding an impressive portfolio of supporters, writing winning philanthropic grant applications, delivering a program of city-based functions as part of AWC’s 30 year celebrations, and organizing bespoke supporter events in some of the wildest places on the continent. About you You are a consummate networker with a passion for saving Australia’s wildlife and a love for the great outdoors. To succeed in this role you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (a winning personality!).
- Experience engaging with high net worth individuals and senior decision-makers in the corporate or government sectors.
- Outstanding presentation skills and a natural ability to inspire others – whether you are engaging with people in person, on the phone or via zoom.
- Excellent organisational skills, including managing complex events, juggling multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- Exceptional written skills and a proven ability to write compelling grant applications, persuasive business cases, emails and letters.
- A willingness and ability to travel to capital cities and to AWC sanctuaries for extended periods.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, innovative and extremely successful organisation that is playing a key role in shaping the future of conservation in Australia. A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience is available for a candidate with suitable professional, commercial or fundraising experience.
About the organisation
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting threatened wildlife across a vast 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre.
AWC’s mission – to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats – is achieved by:
- Operations –delivering effective large-scale land management including fire management, feral animal control, weed control and infrastructure management.
- Science –delivering a nationally-coherent program of ecological surveys with a focus on monitoring key conservation assets and threats, conducting applied research relevant to wildlife conservation, implementing conservation programs including reintroductions, and providing advice to management.
- Fundraising –mobilising finance (primarily, tax deductible donations) from the general public and philanthropists including through effective communication of AWC conservation programs.
AWC is transforming conservation on the ground by deploying a practical, science-based model for conservation – one that is successfully halting the decline of Australia’s threatened wildlife and restoring our unique biodiversity. With 1800 animals and plants now threatened with extinction there is a real urgency to do more. We have ambitious plans to secure the future of Australia’s biodiversity and we are now expanding our fundraising team to help us achieve our vision.
How to apply
Enquiries only: Leah Royle – Senior Executive, Development & Events firstname.lastname@example.org | 0409 101 635
To submit an application, click ‘APPLY NOW’ where you will be directed to the AWC website to complete an application form.
NOTE: applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. If Shortlisted, you will be asked to prepare a short presentation or provide sample of writing in advance of your interview.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
Please quote in application: Senior Development Executive (Melbourne) via Pro Bono Australia.