About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Based at South Melbourne
- 2 opportunities available:
- Part time 0.9 FTE | Ongoing
- Full time | Maximum term initially until 30 June 2021
About the opportunity
Our Family Services program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. Responding to referrals from Child FIRST, the program provides assertive outreach and home based supports.
The Senior Family Services Practitioner is responsible for developing Family Action Plans and Safety Plans which aim to increase parenting capacity, family functioning and promote child safety. Working collaboratively with Child Protection, the Senior Practitioner supports families to achieve their case plan goals.
The full time role in particular will provide more intensive case management support to families whose children are subject to a Reunification Order or a Family Preservation Order.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology
- Sound understanding of the Best Interests Framework and Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Extensive experience as a practitioner in the child, youth and family welfare field
- Demonstrated ability to engage hard-to-reach families through assertive outreach
- The ability to utilise a family-centered and family strengthening approach to case management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
Applications close Wednesday 27 January 2021
Get in touch
Jess Cain – Team Leader, Family Services
(03) 9690 1188
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.