About the role
- Full time, Fixed-Term contract to end Sep 2021, P3 position
- Based in Clifton Hill
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. This position is located at the Community Forensic Mental Health Service (CFMHS) in Clifton Hill, 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD. CFMHS is a specialist state-wide agency that works with individuals who have a serious mental health illness and have offended or are at risk of offending.
About the role:
The senior psychologist provides a high level of clinical psychological expertise to CFMHS and undertakes assessments and treatment of clients referred to the Problem Behaviour Program (PBP) as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Provision of assessments and treatments is delivered at Forensicare offices: however, some clients are subject to post-sentence supervision and are accommodated in secure settings. In addition, the senior psychologist shares responsibility for the supervision and training of other psychologists or staff within the PBP. The psychologist may provide supervision to postgraduate psychology students and may be involved in scholarly writing and research. As a senior professional representative, the position also provides consultancy and advice to other agencies and key stakeholders.
- Assessment and treatment of clients with problem behaviours including sexual offending, stalking, violence and fire setting
- Participation in multidisciplinary team and clinical review
- Undertake clkinical practice that is consistent with recovery oriented principles
- Preparation of pre-sentence reports
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery.
- At least five years experience as a psychologist.
- Extensive knowledge of the current psychological approaches in working with mentally, and/or behaviourally disordered clients in the forensic mental health setting.
- Expertise in clinical forensic psychology including forensic assessments (i.e., court ordered assessments, assessment of risk for violence) and intervention with offenders and/or forensic patients
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent, OR Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA) with Clinical and/or Forensic endorsement.
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
- This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria.
How to apply
To apply please visit https://forensicare.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=nEvqfVq9+Ws=&jbc=ere
Please quote in application: Senior Psychologist via Pro Bono Australia.