About the role
- Part-time 0.5EFT, Fixed-Term SW3 position to Oct 2021
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. This position is located at the Community Forensic Mental Health Service (CFMHS) in Clifton Hill, 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD. CFMHS is a specialist state-wide agency that works with individuals who have a serious mental health illness and have offended or are at risk of offending.
About the role:
The Problem Behaviour Program is a specialist program providing psychological and psychiatric assessment, treatment and consultation services for people with a range of problem behaviours associated with offending, and for whom publicly funded services are not available elsewhere. Services are provided in relation to serious violence, stalking, threats to kill or harm others, adult sexual assault and rape, paedophilia, other problematic sexual behaviour related to offending (e.g., indecent exposure), collection and possession of child exploitation material and fire setting. The Senior Forensic Social Worker in the Problem Behaviour Program (PBP) provides specialist consultation and advice to PBP clinicians, related programs, family/carers and other stakeholders around clinical, systemic and forensic issues. The Senior Forensic Social Worker works with PBP clinicians with the aim of enhancing engagement in specific psychological treatments, addressing criminogenic needs and supporting the reduction of psychosocial factors associated with recidivism.
- Assessment, consultation and intervention
- Multidisciplinary team input
- Provide specific advice re client needs in clinical review
- Contribute to program and social work development of role
- Risk assessment and treatment planning
Skills and experience:
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Commitment to recovery model of service provision
- 5 years experience post qualification in forensic mental health or justice setting
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria.
How to apply
To apply please visit https://forensicare.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=ZSzMshkRzrA=&jbc=ere
Please quote in application: Senior Social Worker via Pro Bono Australia.