About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Ongoing opportunities | Two full time & one part time 0.5 FTE
- Based at Frankston & Prahran
We have an exciting opportunity for three experienced social workers to join our multi-disciplinary team at The Orange Door. The Orange Door supports adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence, and families who need extra support with the care of children.
The Practitioner works as part of a team to deliver high quality, safe and effective responses to Victorian women, children and families seeking support and safety through the Hub. The Practitioner will also focus on the perpetrators of family violence, assessing risk and holding their behaviour to account.
We are seeking social workers who bring relevant experience in services such as Child FIRST, Family Services and/or Family Violence Services.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having:
- A tertiary degree in social work, psychology or a child & family welfare related discipline
- Understanding of the Best Interests Principles, Children, Youth & Families Act 2005, and Family Violence Protection Act 2008
- Extensive experience as a practitioner in the child, youth and family welfare field
- Demonstrated experience engaging individuals and families through outreach services
- The ability to utilise a family-centered and family strengthening approach
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Support & Safety Hub Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.