About the role
Your new role
We are seeking 2 female support workers to join our small team and share in the passion and responsibility for providing support to the women residing in our crisis accommodation facility.
Working part time, you will primarily staff an after-hours roster that includes, solo evening, sleepover and weekend shifts. You will play a vital role in supporting women to experience a positive stay at Homefront while they work towards securing housing that is safe and sustainable.
- A typical shift will have you supporting women who access Homefront to attain or maintain a sense of safety, stability and hope
- Your focus will include assisting women with orientation to Homefront but also preparation for moving on
- There will be ongoing opportunities for you to be creative in your work by assessing and responding to the immediate needs of women that access the program
- As your roster covers both sleepover and weekend shifts, you will crossover with the various staff that make up the Homefront team
- Our team environment values your openness to having some fun and a laugh together
We’re looking for female Support Workers to join our team who
- Are able to commit to a 3 week rotating roster. Please see attached roster for roles A and B.
- Are ready to provide a safe and welcoming environment for women who stay at our crisis accommodation program
- Are a team player and prepared to work together to support women achieve the outcomes they desire
- Are prepared to join a small, close knit and supportive team environment.
- Someone who is resilient, flexible and holds crisis intervention skills
- Are committed to working within a feminist, person-centred, strength’s based and culturally responsive practice framework
You can look forward to
- Access to in-house training and regular supervision.
- Knowing you’ve contributed to something truly worthwhile
- A collaborative team environment who like to have some fun and a laugh together
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Located in the St Kilda area and close to public transport
About the organisation
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission (SHM) assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Homefront is a program of SHM Women’s Services and is committed to a gender specific response to the needs of women experiencing homelessness and other associated issues. Homefront provides crisis accommodation, support and case management to women who are experiencing homelessness.
How to apply
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
For more information about the role, contact Regina Wloch - Homefront Program Coordinator, phone 0459 990 060.
Closing date for applications is 5PM on Sunday, 24 January 2021.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Sacred Heart Mission has exemption under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to employ women only for Women’s Services Programs.
Please quote in application: Support Worker – Homefront (Women’s Crisis Accommodation Program) via Pro Bono Australia.