About the role
About the program
Navigator is a program funded by state government that aims to support disengaged learners aged 12 to 17 years of age and work with them around a return to education or alternative pathway. The program works closely with families and schools and uses assertive outreach, case management and restorative practice to re-engage children back into learning pathways.
Jesuit Social Services is the provider in the Brimbank Melton, Hume Moreland, North Eastern Melbourne and Inner Eastern Melbourne areas, working alongside local schools, services and the regional Department of Education and Training office.
About the role
The Jesuit Social Services Navigator Program model consists of Active Hold Support, Targeted Case Management, long term Case Management and Mental Health specialist support through our Connexions Program.
On offer are 3 full time roles based in Brunswick or Sunshine with travel across the region required:
- 1 serving the Hume/ Moreland region – based in Brunswick
- 1 serving the North Eastern Melbourne region – based in Brunswick
- 1 serving the Brimbank/ Melton region – based in Sunshine
The Targeted Case Manager (TCM) role will enhance the current model to engage young people and their families in time-limited interventions with pathways onto case management, Active Hold or community based options as required. TCM role will be a core component of the Navigator program. It will manage the program’s workflow, and provide an opportunity for early intervention and diversion.
A base salary of $72361 per annum, plus superannuation and salary packaging is offered, together with ongoing professional and career development.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications and/or experience
- Knowledge providing appropriate interventions, case management, intensive support, crisis intervention and assertive outreach to support children, young people and families from vulnerable communities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Build collaborative relationships with a diversity of stakeholders across the sector
- Capacity to work with a high degree of cultural competency and understanding culturally appropriate service delivery
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
How to apply
The position description can be found on our website www.jss.org.au.
For further information please contact Genevieve Higgins on 0429 047 356.
Applicants are required to respond to each of the Key Selection Criteria, with names and contact numbers of two referees. Your responses to the selection criteria should be incorporated into your covering letter. Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 25 January 2021.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Jesuit Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, age, gender, sexuality, disability or religious affiliation.
Jesuit Social Services takes child protection seriously. We undertake multiple screening processes including appropriate reference and background checks, Working with Children Check and police checks to ensure the protection of children and young people in our care.
You are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Code of Conduct.
Please quote in application: Targeted Case Manager – Navigator (3 positions) via Pro Bono Australia.