About the role
- Join a leader in youth mental health and be part of a supportive team
- Purposeful work, making a real difference to young people
- Full time fixed term contract ending 30 June 2023
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
The Orygen finance team is focused on delivering quality service to our users, maintaining strong internal controls and facilitating Orygen’s operations. The Assistant Accountant – Accounts Payable is responsible for delivering end to end accounts payable, and assisting in other accounting work. The position works closely with a reviewer to ensure that payments are being processed in line with expectations. The reviewer will mentor, train and support the Assistant Accountant to ensure the effective operation of the Accounts Payable processes.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to apply for this role!
The role & your impact
The Assistant Accountant – Accounts Payable, is responsible for managing end to end accounts payable processes, performing financial accounting mont h end close journals and reconciliations, and assisting other general accounting matters. The role requires working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Orygen is meeting its payment obligations, whilst maintaining appropriate internal controls.
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $65,000 – $74,000 p.a. is offered plus superannuation, access to generous NFP salary packaging, flexible work/life balance benefits, supportive team, development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
The following key selection criteria must be met to be successful:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management, and efficient processing capacity.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience or education in general accounting principles.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite; particularly Outlook, and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Professional integrity, and adherence to strict confidentiality in all dealings with staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships with
colleagues and stakeholders.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Assistant Accountant – Accounts Payable via Pro Bono Australia.