About the role
CASUAL DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKERS (CALLED ASSISTANTS)
L’Arche Perth is currently seeking enthusiastic and caring assistants to work and share life with individuals with intellectual disabilities. You will be responsible for high quality care and support to people with a disability living in supported accommodation. This role requires resilience, self-confidence as well as the capability to assess and manage risks to ensure the safety of people with disabilities.
The Assistant role is personally rewarding as you enter into mutually transforming relationships. This journey, will reveal a range of benefits including;
- Flexible shift support hours
- Ongoing training and formation
- Rewarding environment where you make a difference
- You will enjoy excellent working conditions
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address in writing the following:
- Certificate III or Cert IV in Disability
- Computer literacy and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural and a multifunctional community and team environment.
- Deliver a high volume of work load within set timeframes
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and as a team member
- Current driver’s licence and comprehensively insured motor vehicle
- Ability to support and promote the Mission and Values of L’Arche
- Implementing behavioural support plans aimed at assisting individuals who demonstrate challenging behaviours
- Provide individual support to people with disabilities to enable them to undertake all aspects of daily living.
- Influencing and encouraging independence for a good quality of life
- Current first aid certificate (or willingness to undertake training) and a willingness to undergo a police check
- Worker screening check
- Be flexible to work after hours, weekends, sleepovers and split shifts
Please send an application including the Resume and Cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria and email to Claire Lawler on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes on Monday 8th March, 2021
For further information, please call Claire Lawler, Deputy National Leader on 0447 217 468
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: CASUAL DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKERS (CALLED ASSISTANTS) via Pro Bono Australia.