About the role
The Communications Coordinator position is responsible for the development and implementation of WIRE’s marketing communications strategy with a strong focus on community engagement and innovative communications across multiple platforms to strengthen WIRE’s community presence by:
- raising the community’s awareness of the services WIRE offers enabling WIRE’s voice on issues important to women to be heard in the community
- growing WIRE’s fundraising reach by building engagement with potential and existing donors in line with our fundraising strategy
- support WIRE projects (from supporting with the communications plan to proofreading and editing to designing a poster, promoting an event, branding support).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement WIRE’s communication strategy to reach WIRE’s organisational goals
- Communicate WIRE’s key messages to target audiences and stakeholders including members, donors, volunteers, partners and the media
- Run fundraising efforts for WIRE through appeals
- Maintain Industry knowledge and currency
- Participate in the review, development and operations of the organisation as a staff member
- Contribute to the creation and lead the implementation of policies and protocols which guide just and equitable representation of WIRE’s brand in WIRE communications, as part of the Intersectionality Action Plan project.
- Contribute to (and lead components of) process to review and formalise verbal and visual components of our brand i.e. tagline, central messaging and imagery as part of a larger consultation with key stakeholders.
Please note this is a part time role .6 EFT (22.5 hours per week).
Refer to the position description (PD) for detailed information.
About the organisation
WIRE is a leading service delivery organisation with more than 35 years’ experience supporting countless women, non-binary and gender-diverse people across Victoria. It is the only Victorian state-wide free service that provides information, support and referrals to any Victorian women, non-binary and gender-diverse person on any issue.
Vision: A just and inclusive society where all people can thrive.
Values: WIRE is feminist, inclusive and bold. We strive for social justice, empowerment and integrity.
Mission: At WIRE we work with women, non-binary and gender-diverse people to address the issues they identify, assist them to make informed choices in their lives and advocate for structural change to bring about gender equity and social justice.
WIRE has a strong track-record of innovation in research, training and service delivery and addressing the multiple barriers women, nonbinary and gender-diverse experience that contribute to their marginalisation.
As a small organisation, our impact ripples throughout Victoria. With over 45 active volunteers and 25 staff we provide services to women, non-binary and gender-diverse people that changes lives. We are proud of who we are, the service we provide and what we have achieved.
See WIRE's webpage for more information about WIRE our strategic plan and principles of practice (Our Vision | WIRE)
How to apply
An essential key selection criteria is a tertiary qualification in Communications, Marketing, Business or other relevant discipline OR significant work experience. Refer to the position description for all key selection criteria.
For queries regarding the role, please contact WIRE’s Partnerships and Community Engagement Manager, Stacey Star via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please email your CV and response to the selection criteria to Rosemary Landau, email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.