About the role
ARC Justice is seeking a lawyer with a passion to work in the community to provide legal assistance to
clients in our key practice areas of family violence, child protection and family law, along with other
areas relevant to disadvantaged communities, such as summary crime and general civil law practice.
A range of applications will be considered including newly admitted lawyers and those with more
This Community Lawyer role is based in Shepparton and will work with our fantastic Goulburn Valley
Community Legal Centre team and at partnership organisation/s within a multi-disciplinary team. This
role involves proactive building of partnerships and community engagement within a cultural safety
framework. First Nations applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
You will be joining an established and cohesive team that has a strong culture of collaboration and
continuous improvement. Equal opportunity principals will be applied and people from diverse
backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
• Full time (1.0 EFT) fixed term 12 months.
• An attractive salary including 3 days ex gratia between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Training, and professional development opportunities that identifies individual career
• Salary packaging and accommodation and meal/entertainment packaging is also available.
• Remuneration for this position is based on Level 5 to Level 6 of the SCHADS Award, dependent
upon skills and experience.
• Relocation assistance is also on offer for the right candidate.
About the organisation
ARC Justice is an independent, not-for-profit, human rights organisation that incorporates the
Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre, the Goulburn Valley Community Legal Centre and
Housing Justice. ARC Justice is a regional workplace of choice that provides a friendly, supportive
work culture and values cultural safety and diversity. ARC Justice offers a targeted learning and
development pathway that supports recently admitted lawyers to establish competencies and
experience in key areas of law and practice.
Our programs deliver accessible legal services, tenancy advice and support to those in our community
in the greatest need. We deliver community education and advocate for systemic change that
enhances the rights of rural and regional Victorians. We recognise that housing and legal issues do not
occur in isolation and we work with local partners to ensure a whole-of-person approach to our work.
How to apply
Please address applications to Mim Dineen, Corporate Services Manager.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
• Current Curriculum Vitae (CV/Resume).
• An application letter that addresses the role.
• Your response to the key selection criteria (essential and desirable skills/experience).
Please note that applications that do not respond to the key selection criteria will not be
considered for an interview.
Applications should not exceed two pages.
For more information please check our employment page
Please quote in application: Community Lawyer – Generalist via Pro Bono Australia.