About the role
We’re looking for a professional Financial Capability Program Coordinator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a Maximum Term Part-Time basis, working 3 days per week in Epping.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
This position is responsible for training BSL program participants in the MoneyMinded financial education program and other financial capability programs. The Coordinator will also assist the Financial Capability Program Manager overall with general as well as more complex administration tasks including managing intake systems for program participants and coaches, financial administration, and customer service when requested.
- Train Community Service Professionals in the MoneyMinded Coaching program
- Promote the MoneyMinded Coaching and other Financial Literacy Programs to internal and external organisations.
- Work with the Financial Capability Program team in a dedicated Community of Practice, using Action Research methods to evaluate the program.
Salary will be $74,531.95 – $80,194.32 pro rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deal with a broad range of people at all levels and to provide accurate information
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the BSL.
- Demonstrated experience in training.
- Demonstrated experience promoting educational programs.
- Customer service focused
- Highly-developed administration, computer skills and competency in Microsoft Program
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Claire Butler on 0403769953 for a confidential discussion.
To review the Position Description and address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: Friday 5th March 2021 at 11.55pm
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Financial Capability Program Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.