About the role
- Full Time Fixed Term (until March 2023)
- Monday to Friday, based at Monash Medical Centre
- Process donations made to the Monash Health Foundation
The Monash Health Foundation is the Fundraising arm of Monash Health, nurturing and encouraging philanthropic support, so we can provide a positive experience for the people we care for. Our supporters provide vital equipment, research projects and patient wellbeing initiatives. Our team of fundraising professionals is here to help make a difference in the lives of Monash Health patients and staff members, supporting good health for our community.
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people who work across 40 locations delivering healthcare services through our five hospitals and our extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
About the Role
In this newly created role, you will play an active role in the maintenance of the Foundation donation management framework. Reporting to the Donations Management & Operations Manager, you will be responsible for processing philanthropic contributions and help implementing strategies to increase philanthropic support from our donors, engage staff and increase community awareness of the Monash Health Foundation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Process donations received by the Foundation through various channels daily
• Support colleagues in the Operations and Solutions unit to generate scheduled standard donation reports for the Foundation Leadership Group and others
• Assist with regular data audits ensuring information in the Foundation systems are clean and current
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive team culture within the Foundation
You have already gained some experience working in a not-for-profit organization or in a position where data entry or operations experience has been acquired. You are confident in delivering information with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail and can also demonstrate experience in researching and analysing information. Your working style is collaborative and professional and you always strive to produce your best work.
Your key skills include the following:
• Excellent administrative and customer service skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to work collaboratively and with a high level of flexibility both in a team and independently
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work and collaborate with colleagues at various levels
• Strong communication skills including writing, oral and listening.
Previous experience with customer relationship management, business systems or a fundraising application is a plus.
On a personal level, you:
• Are naturally curious and a problem solver;
• Demonstrate ability to maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality, and exercise sound judgment;
• Effectively prioritise your workload and demonstrate strong time management skills;
• Are described as high energy, with a positive, can-do attitude.
What you need
An undergraduate qualification, or an equivalent, alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Previous experience using Salesforce is highly diserable
- Previous experience working in a similar administrative role within a charity or non-profit organisation
- An understanding of the Australian philanthropic community
- Experience in fundraising support services area within the non-profit sector
What we offer:
• access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand knowledge base
• a supportive learning environment, mentorship and career guidance
• support to attend relevant forums and conferences
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging that increase your take-home pay, access to subsidised staff subsidised car parking and gym, and a generous Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
About the organisation
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
How to apply
This is an exciting time for Monash Health Foundation as we embark on a significant growth phase. Join our passionate fundraising team and help us not only meet, but exceed our ambitious fundraising target.
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. Please call Recruitment Services on 9265 2776 for assistance.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please quote in application: Foundation Operations Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.