About the role
The Fundraising & Community Engagement Coordinator is a key position. Together with the CEO, this role is responsible for the ongoing development of both major donor and bequest programs to deliver investment in healthcare for the Wyndham Community.
Working closely with the CEO, the Fundraising & Community Engagement Coordinator will assist with the integration of Werribee Hospital Foundations partnerships (inc Volunteers), communications, and fundraising projects. The Fundraising & Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the identification, nurturing and stewardship of volunteers, donors, bequestors and
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Scope, design and deliver WHF’s philanthropic engagementstrategy, in close collaboration with CEO.
- Together with CEO ensure communications materials are developed and accurate eg: e-newsletters, brochures, social media, website etc
- Initiate and manage ongoing fundraising appeals, Christmas, and End of Financial year.
- Assist in planning other philanthropy and community engagement activities & events as required.
- Prioritise and nurture existing strategic partnerships and identify new opportunities and relationships.
- Manage Volunteers and onboarding.
- Use organisational CRM platform.
- Represent the Foundation internally and externally, ensuring the interests of Werribee Hospital Foundation are promoted and protected.
This role is for you if you:
- Are community focused and passionate about working for a purpose driven company having a positive impact.
- Thrive in roles where you can be independent and take self-initiative and prioritize, but work harmoniously in a small, tight-knit team
- Enjoy building relationships and liaising with others to get things done well and in a time-efficient manner
- Are willing to be adaptable and flexible within your role and roll up your sleeves when required (an inevitable part of a small charity)
- Enjoy learning new things.
- Are responsible, mature and organised and value accountability and transparency.
- Have strong people and operational skills and are keen to help an organisation grow by building upon strong foundations.
Skills and Experience Criteria:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of philanthropy
- Experience in business development and partnerships
- Technical knowledge across a wide range of tech platforms or a willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and exceptional writing skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm for working in a team
- A personal interest in health and community education and action
About the organisation
WHF is a small, local non-profit currently going through a strong period of growth. This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a dynamic, passionate, and small diverse team. Continuing the vision of our Founding Directors, our purpose is to ensure Improvement of public hospital services provided by hospitals located within the Wyndham Government Area and our vision is to ensure Wyndham has the hospital services that our community needs.
The Foundation is focused on ensuring the Wyndham community have a high standard of facilities and care for patients in the Wyndham public hospital system.
Founded in 1993 as Wyndham’s dedicated foundation, supporting public hospitals within the region. Our key focus is generating funds to support and achieve high quality health care - this sits at the center of what we do.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a current CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate and why you would like to work at the Werribee Hospital Foundation.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday 19th March, 2021. To apply, submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Fundraising & Community Engagement Manager via Pro Bono Australia.