About the role
As JCA ‘s Head of Marketing & Communications you will lead our Marketing & Communications team in the planning, implementing and monitoring of JCA’s marketing and communications activities and work closely with JCA’s fundraising team to provide maximum impact.
You will provide strategic oversight across all marketing and communications, advice for our campaigns, senior approval for external communications and publications and be the custodian of our voice, messaging and brand. You will also contribute to the JCA leadership and executive team to deliver on our strategy, growth and effectiveness.
Our Marketing & Communications team supports all JCA communications including annual campaigns, legacy giving, Jumpstart, and JCA Planning events.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement overarching marketing and communications plan aligned with the strategic objectives of the CEO, JCA Marketing, Executive and Fundraising Committees.
- Lead the development of all marketing and communications collateral for JCA’s Annual Campaign events including; electronic and printed newsletters, annual JCA Source publication, program giving directory, direct mail, event invitations, event speeches, campaign videos, social media and donor acknowledgement (g. thank you messaging, receipts, statements).
- Develop and manage the operating budget for annual marketing and communication strategy and
- Ensure the JCA brand is clearly communicated such that all marketing material and messaging is aligned with the JCA brand
- Develop and implement donor segmentation and targeted communications programs aligned with donor preferences.
- Oversee Media and PR management including prominent coverage of programs and events and subsequent publicity in Australian Jewish News, Sydney Jewish Report, J- Wire and +61J amongst others.
- Oversee all aspects of website maintenance and updates including; content, design (ease of navigation, alignment with current trends, etc.) and donation pages.
- Support all other JCA departments with marketing and communications needs as and when required including but not limited to legacy/bequest giving and planning initiatives.
- Update and maintain JCA brand guidelines for member organisations and monitor compliance with these guidelines.
- Management of sub-contractors and agencies as appropriate.
- Lead and support a team of passionate (internal/external) staff and volunteers and encourage a collaborative working environment to implement the marketing and communications plans.
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation within the Marketing & Communications team.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive, harmonious workplace and develop team
- Actively contribute to JCA’s senior leadership
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers/stakeholders
- Able to understand and acknowledge others’ points of view
- Able to apply business acumen and common sense
- Calm under pressure
- Optimistic and mature
- Organised and efficient
- Creative and results oriented
- Deadline orientated
Experience and Capabilities
- At least two years’ experience in a similar leadership role.
- Experience managing website and social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and WordPress).
- Awareness of fundraising dynamics (including latest technologies) to optimise customer/client/donor acquisition, retention and relationship management.
- Good understanding of the NSW Jewish community.
- Excellent skills and capabilities in:
- Oral and written communications
- interpersonal staff and subcontractor management
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Very high level of computer literacy
- Able to liaise confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders in committees, constituents and the general community
About the organisation
JCA is the communal hub of the NSW and ACT Jewish communities, connecting the needs of our community with the services that our 23 member organisations provide in the areas of aged care, community care, engagement & culture, education, history & heritage, social justice & outreach and security & advocacy. Consisting of a professional office, many passionate and dedicated volunteers and a whole community of supporters, JCA’s role incorporates planning, engagement, fundraising and facilitation to secure our local community’s vibrant future.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Head of Marketing & Communications via Pro Bono Australia.