About the role
Do you have what it takes to encourage and empower people living with a disability? Here at Jewish Care we are seeking enthusiastic people to support individuals to live independently and live the life they choose to live.
The work is flexible and varied to suit your lifestyle – your availability during the week and weekends will be an advantage.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Establish and maintain a supportive environment for people using a person centered active support model
- Facilitate and support clients in all aspects of daily living
- Promote opportunities for skill development and community access
- Contribute to the plans and outcomes for clients, programs and activities
- Maintain effective interpersonal communications with clients, colleagues, and family members
- Regularly update client reports and relevant records
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certficiate III or IV in Disability
- Experience supporting persons with disability
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- Proven understanding of person-centered approach and positive behaviour supports
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, work independently and part of a team
- The ability to contribute to the delivery of an outstanding customer experience
- The ability to self-manage and monitor your work schedule
- Commitment to the delivery of timely and punctual work performance
About the organisation
What we do
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
Benefits & Culture
At Jewish Care Victoria we are committed to the professional development of all staff, and provide ongoing opportunities to enhance and promote employee skill sets and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients, relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
Jewish Care proudly celebrates and warmly welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all, including the LGBT+ community.
Jewish Care acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. Our services and supports are provided on the lands of the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people, and we deeply respect and honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connection to land, waters and community.
Please note that it is a requirement to have a current annual flu vaccination and that you will be required to provide a certificate as evidence.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
How to apply
Please apply via the link which leads to our Jewish Care Victoria application portal.
Please quote in application: Home Care Disability Support Workers (Inner South-East areas) via Pro Bono Australia.