About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time 4 days per week | Maximum term until 30 June 2023
- Based at Dandenong & South Melbourne
- Senior social work role
About the opportunity
The Mother Safe Child Safe Program offers a range of group work activities for women and children who have experienced, or are experience family violence. As Coordinator you will develop, facilitate and evaluate therapeutic group work programs. The position is responsible for coordinating and delivering the program across the inner south and outer south regions, and will contribute to our growing Family Violence team.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience working with women and children affected by family violence
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage women and children in therapeutic groups
- Understanding of a gendered response to violence against women and children
- Proven ability to form collaborative relationships with Child Protection and other key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability for the position)
- Current resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Thursday 25 February 2021
Get in touch
Tersia Kirsten – Team Leader, Family Services
T: (03) 8792 8999
Bask Cassar – Manager, Child and Family Services South
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Mother Safe Child Safe Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.