About the role
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations, and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only National Helpline for eating disorders; provides evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat body image issues.
Benefits & Culture
- Diverse recognition framework
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Opportunity to contribute to progressive outcomes
- Passionate and collaborative executive leadership team
- 18 month fixed-term contract, 32 hours a week, Crows Nest location
Reporting directly to the Clinical Director this role manages the day-to-day development, operation, reporting and contractual obligations of the Helpline and Recovery Support Services (HL-RSS) team and ensuring services are being delivered in a professional, supportive, evidence based manner.
The National Helpline (1800 ED HOPE) team delivers telephone and web-based counselling services as a safe, reliable & accessible point for eating disorder preventions, treatment and support services.
Butterfly’s Recovery Support Services provide high quality evidence based support and counselling services to anyone affected by eating disorders and body image issues through the delivery of support groups for carers, psychoeducation programs, provision of financial assistance for recovery and group programs.
Specifically you will:
- Identify and advise on strategy and business development opportunities where Butterfly can grow into new service models and lead the grant writing or funding submissions
- Lead in the development, implementation and continual review of policies and procedures to ensure the highest of standards
- Recruit, manage, develop and provide clinical leadership, supervision and coaching to staff and student placements that fosters a team based culture
- Build deeper referral pathways and ongoing care processes with PHNs, general practice, other mental health services and relevant sector agencies
- Monitor data collection, analyse and interpret data to report on and evaluate services
- Represent Butterfly at events, in the media as required and contribute to the promotion, awareness and visibility of the Helpline and Recovery Support Services
- Contribute to the development of papers, research, publications and presentations to professional bodies at conferences.
You have substantial experience in a clinical or case management environment including the delivery of group programs and telehealth services. You are flexible and can work in a fast paced environment, with fluctuating demands and meet the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Postgraduate qualifications in psychology or social work
- Current registration with a relevant professional body
- Excellent understanding of eating disorders, disordered eating, body image and related issues
- Experienced in management of a service delivery team including the development of new programs
- Familiarity with providing clinical supervision to a multi-disciplined team and developing a team based service
- Previous experience in community development, grant writing, reporting and the management of contractual KPIs
- The ability to exercise flexibility around working hours
Occasional interstate travel will be required. Compliance checking will include Police Clearance and Working with Children (WWCC).
If you’re an innovative and values based leader with the drive to ensure the excellence of The Butterfly Foundation’s Helpline and Recovery Support Services, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Kelly Gentle on +61 2 8243 0570 to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: National Eating Disorder Helpline & Recovery Support Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.