About the role
- Provide excellence in project support and administration for innovative program delivery in education
- Support success through high quality service provision to a team of consultants and the CEO
- Organised proactive, and self-motivated, you’ll have a confident approach and be a team player.
MAV is seeking a highly organised and efficient Project and Administration Officer who is capable of supporting staff with program delivery. This is a full-time role, 5 days per week (1.0) that may require some flexibility due to program delivery requirements, and is based primarily in Brunswick.
The Project and Administration Officer is an integral member of a dynamic team to ensure the timely, efficient delivery of a range of services relating to the professional work of the Association. In particular, the provision of quality administrative and project management support. This is a service-based role, where your work will help ensure successful and smooth running of various projects across our student and teacher facing programs.
You need a few years’ experience in an administrative role, with outstanding attention to detail. Organised proactive, and self-motivated, you’ll have a confident approach and be a team player. You will be keen to learn and take on responsibility. You will be able to communicate clearly and effectively with excellent English language skills (written and oral). You will be able to work independently, solve problems, make informed decisions and take initiative, or ask questions to help you do so. You will be tech savvy, take pride in your work and will love working in a busy role.
You will be able to hit the ground running and make a positive contribution to the team, ensuring each program runs smoothly and is successful.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support for managing data in the association software management system, including setting up event details, checking registration data, and other information
- Liaising with various educators, sponsors, partners, schools, venues and others to ensure programs requirements are organised and delivered
- Attend various face to face and virtual events to support registration processes and attendee needs as required
- For externally funded projects assist in project management, administration, reporting and other requirements to ensure successful delivery
- Collate and proofread the Matrix enewsletter and other marketing collateral as briefed by staff
- Support the enrollment of educators into the online learning system, trouble shoot access, and check and upload content into courses
- Undertake and coordinate photocopying, preparation of resources, proof reading, minute taking, email communications to program participants, packing of satchels, preparation of prize packs; and other support and administration as requested.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Exceptional organisational, administration and project management skills with a client focused approach (Quailifications an advantage)
- Quality oriented with high attention to detail to ensure quality outcomes.
- Able to prioritise and manage the completion of a range of competing tasks to ensure that deadlines are met, and all tasks are completed on time
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Adaptability to work collaboratively with multiple internal customers and external stakeholders under competing demands
- High level of competency with digital technology and office-based software
- Willing to get your hands dirty and just get things done!
- Education experience is valued but not essential.
You must be an Australian citizen or able to work in Australia. A driver’s licence and ability to travel to metropolitan venues/schools and to regional areas for occasional events is required.
All employees of MAV are required to hold a current Working with Children Check or Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration, including an Australian Federal Police Check. Please include a copy in your application, or note your willingness and ability to obtain these to meet our requirements. MAV is an organisation committed to child protection and the implementation of Child Safe policies and practices.
About the organisation
The Mathematical Association of Victoria (MAV) is an innovative and leading education focused association. Through our programs, services, we aim to promote the importance of Mathematics to society, working closely with teachers and students across the state. Our Association has over 1500 members, both schools and individuals from all sectors of education, and has been an active not-for-profit professional association for more than 100 years.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project and Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.