About the role
The Project Officer will contribute to the delivery and operations of a wide portfolio of SSI’s bespoke employment programs that support a diverse range of CALD participants into meaningful and sustainable employment. Projects include but is not limited to SSI’s mentoring programs with a focus on CALD women such as LEAP and The Experience Centre as well as the delivery of SSI’s internship/cadetship programs at prominent corporate organisations. This is an exciting opportunity for a pragmatic, results driven individual with a passion in social services to gain extensive experience in the delivery of a diverse portfolio of impactful employment projects that supports refugees, CALD women and youth to achieve sustainable employment and financial independence.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to: –
- Supporting the ongoing delivery of program implementation against contractual outcomes;
- Facilitation of mentoring workshops with corporate mentors and client mentees;
- Managing the intake and assessment process for client eligibility;
- Coordination of events and training to support clients to achieve employment goals;
- Record-keeping and data collection for reporting to funding bodies;
- Stakeholder management including clients, employers, mentors, trainers and community organisations with shared values;
- Report to the Social Enterprise Manager and working in collaboration with the wider employment team and other program areas to identify additional supports and opportunities for clients.
Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social services or a related field;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Diploma in Community Services;
- Experience in NFP sector is desirable.
What we offer at SSI
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Currently working from home with a blended approach to returning to the office in March, where we will continue to promote work/life balance;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
Do you have the experience and skills that we need? Please apply now.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.