About the role
About the Opportunity
- Fixed term part-time (22.8 hours – 30.4 hours per/week
EDVOS has a requirement for two Reception & Administration Officers to join our existing Administration team on a casual and fixed term part-time contract. Reporting to the ‘Team Leader, Administration and Reception’ these positions sit within our Corporate Services division and are responsible for the provision of efficient and effective administrative support to the EDVOS team.
The Receptionist/ Administration Officer is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective administrative support to the EDVOS team. This role will also ensure the reception function at head office is carried out in a responsive and timely manner.
Essential to your success
- Demonstrated experience in administration and reception functions
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage workload
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative in applying work practices and procedures
- Ability to problem solve minor work procedural issues
- Ability to demonstrate resilience, whilst exercising sensitivity and discretion in undertaking all tasks
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including group running coaching, yoga classes, strengthening and stretch and spike classes, walk at work, running coaching bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal committees (e.g. Quality and Safety and People and Culture steering committees) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm.
FOR CORPORATE SERVICES- This position generally requires availability on Monday-Fridays only
FOR DIRECT SERVICES POSITIONS- This position would require availability to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
FOR CASUALS-Casual shifts may be offered across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 3 + 9.5% super.
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
How to apply
How to Apply
Please download a copy of the position description for this position, available on our website at https://www.edvos.org.au/get-involved/
For further information regarding the positions please contact Maria Talagi Team Leader Reception and Administration on (03) 9259 4200.
Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD), should be forwarded to email@example.com using the subject line: ADS1221 RECEPTION/ADMINISTRATION OFFICER by 8th March 2021
EDVOS predominantly employs women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, as per the findings of Equal Opportunity exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. This is due to the specialist nature of the work and the services that EDVOS provides to women and children who are responding to family violence in the community.
EDVOS actively promotes a safe and inclusive workplace where workers are free from discrimination and are afforded dignity and respect. We encourage applications from women of all abilities, as well as from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people ,women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTI.
EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation and is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and interests of children (including the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children with a disability and children who identify as LGBTI)
All appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks.
Please quote in application: Reception & Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.