About the role
Do you have a passion for justice and a heart to see the church equipped as a catalyst of transformation in the lives of families and communities living in poverty? Are you excited about the challenge of engaging and activating groups and individuals across the Australian Christian landscape, towards a movement of compassionate generosity, as an outworking of faith?
Here’s a chance to utilise your exceptional influencing, networking and relationship management skills for a cause that matters.
Compassion Australia is part of a global ministry that seeks to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name. As a Relationship Manager, you will work as part of an Area team to cultivate, nurture and grow meaningful partnerships with a range of groups including churches, advocates and donors that will increase Compassion’s profile, influence and impact.
As a Relationship Manager you will also:
- Implement strategies and campaigns to identify opportunities for partnerships & new sponsorships
- Maintain, coordinate and strengthen existing relationships with churches, advocates, and donors.
- Develop and implement lead generation activities
- Present & educate churches, donors & community groups on Compassion Australia’s mission in public & private settings
- Participate in intermittent international travel with church, advocate and/or donor groups to facilitate increased understanding and engagement with Compassion’s work
Job Specific Requirements:
- A demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of an organisation by developing and managing meaningful partnerships with external stakeholders, including church pastors, donors, advocates and leaders
- Extensive experience in lead generation and prospecting including experience in cold & warm calls, moves management and working to key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to network with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Well-developed administration skills, including use of Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM)
- Knowledge and networks within the Australian local church context and/or philanthropic fundraising landscape
- Knowledge of global poverty and development
- Experience or qualifications in Ministry, Sales, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience
- Exemplary communication skills including persuasive negotiation, written communication and experience publicly representing an organisation
- Someone who can work autonomously (a “self-starter”) but has appropriate team support – both within the Area team and nationally.
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please review the application pack and submit your application by clicking “Apply Now”. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact People and Culture on 02 4935 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Sunday 21st March 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Relationship Manager via Pro Bono Australia.