About the role
We’re looking for a professional Research Officer with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a maximum-term, full-time basis on a 6-month contract with possible extension, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
This position will provide research support to the Senior Research Fellow on a collaborative project examining the mechanisms of access to support for people with disability but no NDIS funding. The service systems that support people with a disability are currently undergoing enormous transition and require evidence informed policy, advocacy and practice advice that is borne out of the lived experience of delivering services.
- Undertake reviews of relevant literature
- Conduct an environmental scan of existing programs of support for people living with disabilities
- Assist in the administration of an online survey, and collation of survey responses
Salary will be in the range of $85,264.31 to $89,124.91 per annum based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with relevant research experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant tertiary education and research experience.
- Demonstrated high level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex issues in high level documentation including reports and briefings
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with a broad range of people, including people of all ages and from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Demonstrated research skills in qualitative data collection and analysis, and basic quantitative descriptive analysis
- Highly-developed administration, computer skills and competency in Microsoft Program
Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
Career development opportunities
Leave loading of 17.5%
Flexible working arrangements
Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Amber Mills on 0411 313 498 for a confidential discussion.
To view the position description, please click here.
Applications close: 26 February 2021 at 11:55pm
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.