About the role
We are looking for a highly competent individual to join our Technology Enablement Team as a Front-end Developer. As Compassion Australia looks to grow and improve its online experience, the Front-end Developer will be primarily responsible for working alongside a team of talented designers to implement user focused and innovative solutions for our supporters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Work with front end designers to define scope and implement agreed designs into existing applications
- Write clean, well-designed, maintainable, and scalable code
- Ensure software is tested, secure and production ready
- Develop documentation and provide support for delivered systems
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- Remain up to date with terminology, concepts and best practices
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Engage in continuous product and process improvement by identifying technological and systems deficiencies and recommending process, procedures and method improvements
- Contribute to the delivery of strategic projects and outcomes of the Technology Enablement Team through performing relevant duties as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Extensive experience using React JS and the Gatsby framework
- At least 2 years frontend development experience
- Experience using Git for version control
- Ability to write quality unit tests
- Awareness of security concerns
- Experience in cloud environments (Azure, AWS)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with Vue JS (desirable)
- Experience working with .NET Framework and C# (desirable)
We want to hear from you! To find out more, click “Apply Now” to download the information pack and reach out to our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.
Applications close 4th March 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Software Developer - Front End via Pro Bono Australia.