About the role
Student Advocate Role
RMIT University Student Union – RUSU
- $91,173 Full time equivalent ($72,938 for 0.8 FTE) + Superannuation
- RUSU encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Applications close 9am Monday 1 March 2021
About The Role
The RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) is the representative body of around 75,000 RMIT University students and is an independent organisation from RMIT University. An opportunity has arisen for a Student Rights Officer position within a fast-paced, challenging, student-focused organisation. Your skills in the areas of casework, advocacy, community engagement and supported referrals will be utilised to represent, assist and support students in a complex and challenging university environment.
- Permanent Part time – 4 days /week (Mon – Thurs), 0.8 FTE (56 hours per fortnight).
- Deliver advocacy and support for postgraduate, including HDR students facing barriers resolving concerns with the university, including individual casework
- Develop and deliver an annual program of postgraduate community engagement, workshops, social and networking events.
- Provide a reference point on issues affecting post graduate students
- Advise students in the development of postgraduate policies & campaigns
- This role is based at the RMIT City Campus
RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) is seeking a highly-motivated advocate who is passionate about student rights, welfare & equity issues.
This is a specialist role within the RUSU Student Rights Service, focusing on postgraduate students. It has a strong emphasis on Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students and predominantly supports this cohort of students.
The position provides student rights advice, advocacy and support to postgraduate students and works with the elected RUSU Postgraduate Officer and Education Officer to advocate for and support postgraduate students at RMIT.
The focus of the role is on providing resources, support and advocating for postgraduate students when dealing with concerns related to educational and academic matters, as well as discipline, discrimination and equity issues within RMIT.
About the organisation
RUSU is RMIT’s only 100% student-run organisation – Run by annually elected student representatives for you!
RUSU has many student run departments including: Activities & Events, Student Rights, Clubs & Societies, Welfare and Education, Postgraduate, Queer, Women, Sustainability, Indigenous, RMITV & Catalyst Magazine.
How to apply
- The full selection criteria can be found on page 6 of the Position Description.
- Applications close at 9:00am Monday 1 March 2021.
- All applications should be sent via email to email@example.com by the closing date.
- Late applications WILL NOT be accepted.
- To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia/New Zealand.
- The successful applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children’s Check.
- For applications to be considered they MUST include:
- a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with 2 referees, and
- a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) specifically addressing the selection criteria (see page 6 of the Position Description).
For further details and to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Student Advocate Role - RMIT University Student Union – RUSU via Pro Bono Australia.