About the role
The Triage Receptionist provides quality front-line assistance to vulnerable guests. The role will include reception and administration support to the Social Health and Well-being department at Exodus, assisting clients with appointment scheduling, referring to Intake and provision of basic triage services. This includes being the first point of contact for guests both face-to-face and via the phone and/or email and providing a safe and calm environment in the reception area.
The Triage receptionist will always need to undertake all duties in a caring and supportive manner consistent with Exodus core values to provide an exceptional standard of care to guests. Given the vulnerability of many of our guests, dealing with challenging behaviors will be of utmost importance.
If you have a medical receptionist experience and understanding of mental health this would be the role for you. We are looking for someone that has worked with other organisations that provide services like The Exodus Foundation, and/or in hospital or medical settings.
- Highly essential previous experience as receptionist in community service or medical/health care environment;
- Background in community settings is highly desirable;
- Basic computer and database skills;
- Ability to engage and build rapport with vulnerable individuals;
- Ability to multitask under pressure;
- Basic knowledge of WHS standards and practices;
- Sound communication and conflict management skills;
- Excellent phone etiquette;
- Be able to work as a team member;
- Strength, calmness and resilience;
- Attention to detail.
The role includes:
The Triage receptionist may be required to complete a range of set tasks during a typical shift. These tasks will be completed under the supervision of the Human Services Manager and will include
- Greet incoming guests and visitors to the Exodus Foundation; triaging enquiries or directing guests to the appropriate person they are meeting with;
- Liaising with caseworkers on intake assessments and assisting with interview scheduling;
- Support staff in the delivery of frontline services to the Exodus Community;
- Provide information about Social Health and Wellbeing support services;
- Update client details and enquiries as required within the CDS and Pracsoft database;
- Forward telephone calls and emails to Exodus Staff as required;
- Provide personal care items to guests;
- Provide take away meals to guests.
On the job training will be provided.
About the organisation
The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation provides real and direct assistance to address the cause and effect of homelessness; intergenerational poverty; and unemployability.
The Foundation supports these needs through a combination of education and the direct provision of assistance services like food, social welfare and educational support.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Triage Receptionist via Pro Bono Australia.