About the role
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Building, renovation, construction and maintenance skills and experience, including ability to paint and complete building repairs and small building projects.
- Well-developed program management and coordination skills.
- Ability to support, motivate, supervise and work with up to 10 unskilled volunteers working on building maintenance and disaster recovery projects creating a positive fun work environment.
- Highly motivated, positive, excellent organisation skills with very good attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills
- Highly developed communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Unrestricted driver’s licence, ability to drive a Ute with trailer and willingness to travel.
- Construction White Card (or willingness to obtain) and knowledge of construction site safety.
The Volunteer Program Manager is responsible for program management, coordination, logistics and leading teams of often unskilled volunteers to complete various projects and providing guidance and positive support.
The Volunteer Program Manager undertakes a range of functions including –
- Establishing, coordinating and managing a program of activities and related resources
- Working with and establishing effective relationships with program stakeholders including partner agencies, recipients and other staff
- Manage all logistics for volunteer activities efficiently and effectively including, documentation, tools, equipment, materials, program related payments, refreshments, etc
- Ensuring that program reporting requirements are met
- Organising and managing various projects including, maintenance work, landscaping projects, indoor and outdoor painting, disaster recovery and small building projects
- Supporting, managing, motivating and work with teams of unskilled volunteers and creating a positive, fun work environment.
- Ensuring a safe working environment and proactively encouraging safe working practices
- Preparing briefing documents, program reports, evaluation documentation, etc
Note – the successful applicant will need to provide evidence of a clear criminal history and adhere to HFH’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures including the Child Protection Policy.
About the organisation
Habitat for Humanity is a global not-for-profit provider of housing for low-income families in need. Established in 1976, Habitat for Humanity has changed the lives of people all over the world. Today, Habitat for Humanity works in thousands of communities around the world and has built, rehabilitated and repaired over one million homes, helping more than 35 million people. Our vision is a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
In Australia, Habitat for Humanity provides a range of services to disadvantage individuals and families. Our services include the Brush with Kindness (BWK) volunteering program, disaster recovery assistance and partnerships to provide and improve housing solutions. BWK is a home maintenance and repair program working in partnership with accommodation services and disadvantaged people. The program mobilises teams of volunteers to conduct landscaping, maintenance, painting and minor repairs. This work improves accommodation for people experiencing homelessness and enables resources to be redirected to other projects. Disaster recovery assists families and individuals affected by natural disasters like bushfire after the initial responders have moved on. Habitat for Humanity Australia also works in partnership with housing providers, community service agencies and other organisation to increase housing solutions and improve existing housing and support services.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email a covering letter that specifically addresses each of the selection criteria and your resume to Mduby@habitat.org.au.
For any questions regarding the position or to obtain a Position Description please email Dhart@habitat.org.au.
There is no closing date - applications will be considered as they are received.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Program Manager (paid position) via Pro Bono Australia.