About the role
Status: Full time, Fixed term, 12-month contract with potential for ongoing
Closing Date: 19th April 2020
The Account Support Officer is to manage the relationships and deliverables of existing clients and suppliers in their focus state, and other states and territories as required. This role will focus on developing strong relationships and assisting clients in the role out of sustainability initiatives within their community to drive zero carbon emissions and renewable energy. The role will also support Business Development with organic sales for AEF.
What you will do
- Develop relationships and promote AEF to build trust in our organisation and brand
- Manage a group of accounts to deliver annual services bought and committed, within the financial year
- Support the Partnerships & Engagement team and the Business Development team to sell and win work to existing clients
- Maintain stakeholder relationships and contacts to assist with winning new work for AEF
- Actively seek new ideas and opportunities to grow our business in emerging energy efficiency areas being explored by group of accounts
- Develop marketing campaign themes, concepts and strategies as per account yearly communications plan – including but not limited to social media, case studies, newsletters, articles, emails, poster and flyer formats
- Brief relevant teams on new campaigns and projects to ensure delivered on time
- Schedule, advertise and recruit attendees for account information sessions as booked by your accounts
- Facilitate delivery of information sessions – either in person or via Zoom webinar – to residents/customers of accounts, engaging a professional speaker. Includes set up, hosting, answering Q&A, pre and post session emails
- Prepare written proposals and quotes for accounts for annual resubscriptions and new opportunities
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience (2 years+) in account management
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, initiative and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding project administration skills through experience in delivering projects on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Exposure to working on marketing and communications initiatives to drive awareness leading to revenue
- Knowledge of climate change and the energy sector
- Experience working with local government (desirable)
What’s in it for you
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- A versatile work environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
- Individual learning and development plans to assist in your career progression.
- Pet friendly work environment, with the ability to bring your dog to work.
- Additional annual leave options including paid leave over Christmas and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP.
- Access to Salary Packaging
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.
About the organisation
The Australian Energy Foundation (AEF) is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
- Demonstrate the pathways to a zero-carbon society
- Influence and inspire to build understanding, investment and action
- Deliver solutions that have a positive impact
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com with Account Support Officer in the subject line.
In order to be considered for this position, you must include:
- a brief cover letter stating where you saw the job advertised;
- your resume, including contact details for a minimum of two referees, preferably your managers (we will not contact referees without your permission).
- a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria of the Position, (following the STAR system) as listed in the Position Description.
Only applications that follow the above process will be accepted and considered for interview. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Dhruv Iyer, Accounts Team Leader, Dhruv.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Account Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.