About the role
Position reports to:
Head of PR & Communication
Assist the Brand Marketing Associate to ideate and implement targeted and effective marketing and communication plans that result in increased participation in programs, through both sign-ups and shipments.
- Act as a support contact point between account managers and the broader MarComm team for assigned brands.
- Assist the Brand Marketing Associate to develop marketing plans for brand partners, working with all team members to complete a comprehensive plan covering all MarComm activities such as PR, SM and promotions.
- Create assigned brand edms, and regularly check welcome edms are up to date, and supply to senior marketing associate to distribute.
- Program launch
- Create program webpage (both front and back end).
- Brief graphics/create initial collateral required for programs including social media icons, web page resources, posters, and welcome and launch edms.
- Work with Brand Marketing Associate to devise activities to create more value for our brand partners.
- Manage implementation (including T&Cs), tracking, and completion of all contests and promotional activations, including delivery of prizes.
- Ensure brand marketing calendars are integrated into the overall content calendar.
- Update Brand Partnerships dashboard each month and report on insights to inform marketing activities.
Skills and experience:
- Qualifications in marketing or communication.
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing strategies that result in specific, measurable actions.
- A working knowledge of the best way to leverage marketing tools such as social media, email campaigns, retail activations and competitions to meet business goals.
- A creative and practical approach to building brand and program awareness.
- Ability to think independently yet work in a close-knit team.
- Ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously and switch priorities effortlessly.
- Tech savvy with a good eye for design.
- Excellent writing skills across a range of mediums.
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- High energy, positive entrepreneur and fun team player who can collaborate cross-functionally
About the organisation
At TerraCycle, our mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. As a global innovator in the circular economy, our specialities lie in recycling hard-to-recycle materials. Our programs collect and recycle for almost any waste stream such as babies nappies, cigarette butts and chewing gum, which we then turn into new products, like the world's first shampoo bottle made with beach plastic.
As a social enterprise, we drive positive change by partnering with some of the world’s largest corporations to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. This has seen us engage over 80 million consumers, to raise $44 million for charities and recycle over 1 million pounds of waste. In 2019, TerraCycle was Fortune Magazines “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
More recently, we launched the zero-waste retail platform “Loop”, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop will be launched in Australia in partnership with Woolworths in Q4 2021/Q1 2022.
About the team
You will share TerraCycle’s mission to make waste a thing of the past. You’ll be joining a thriving, purpose-driven team in our waste-free, Sydney office. You’ll be an advocate and agent for change, who can work autonomously, while also collaborating with a tight-knit team of impassioned eco-warriors.