About the role
The Campaign Lead will support the strategic direction and goals of the Centre and Fostering Connections. As the lead on the State-wide attraction and recruitment campaign, this position will ensure the project campaign is evidenced-based and collaboratively designed, and manage development of campaign, collateral, and key relationships.
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Strategic and Innovative Projects
- Reporting to this role: There are no positions reporting to this role
- Support the transition of Fostering Connections from a project to an embedded service
- Develop and implement the Fostering Connections campaign strategy
- In collaboration with state departments and media buying agency, deliver on media and advertising strategy
- In collaboration with Fostering Connections agencies and state departments, lead the design, development and distribution of new campaign collateral
- Advise the Senior Manager on the negotiation and setting of paid media for the campaign and monitor/oversee the distribution of new campaign material
- Work closely with the Senior Manager and Media company to plan and manage paid media
- Support the Communications Advisor in identifying opportunities to proactively promote Fostering Connections through media channels
- Make sure that campaigns are coordinated and align with Fostering Connections’ priorities, including community engagement and digital communications
- Provide general and targeted campaign advice to Fostering Connections agencies, supporting the development of state-wide and local advertising campaigns
- Work collaboratively to support sector agencies leverage media opportunities across the state
- Manage key stakeholder relationships with agencies, the Department, and Aboriginal Community Controlled organisations as required
- Track effectiveness of various communication methods with different audiences and produce insightful reports for the campaign and sector at large
- Working with the Senior Manager and Communications Advisor and evaluation agencies, lead campaign evaluation
- Support the continuing transition of Fostering Connections from project to embedded service component
- Work with Fostering Connections team and Communications team to make sure communications, community engagement, and sector engagement plans align with campaign strategy and objectives
- Provide input and advice on other areas of campaign as required
- Support the data strategy where required
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, business, journalism, media or other related areas and/or proven experience.
- Experience working with NFPs or community organisations.
- Understanding of the child and family welfare system in Victoria.
- Experience in developing and leading campaigns.
- Experience working with creative agencies and independent designers to develop collateral.
- Ability to work closely with organisations, including Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, to develop co-designed and culturally aware collateral
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to create processes along the way
- Experience in the development of communications and campaign strategies
- Evidence of editing experience, excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce high-quality work
- Experience in using regular reports in monitoring and improving campaign performance
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills, including the ability to liaise, consult and negotiate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a cooperative team environment, while exercising sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and/or willingness to undertake appropriate training as required to support the goals and needs of Fostering Connections
- Excellent planning, time management and administrative skills
- Information technology skills of a high standard including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and specific capability with a broad range of web based media
- Ability to manage change and adapt to a changing environment
If you have questions or would like to know more about this role please contact Danielle Walt by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9094 3518
About the organisation
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (CFEFCW) is a not-for-profit peak body for child and family service organisations in Victoria. We advocate for children, young people and families and provide training, research and networking opportunities to the sector. We focus on the voices of young people in foster, kinship and residential care in Victoria, as well as working on larger Federal campaigns around equality.
The Centre is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, and to the health, wellbeing and cultural safety of our staff. We encourage applicants of any background, culture, gender, and experience to apply – we don’t discriminate. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Fostering connections Team
Fostering Connections provides a critical service point for the recruitment of foster carers in Victoria, supporting foster care agencies by maintaining a website and 24/7 enquiry line, as well as through campaign and branding to attract qualified carers into the system.
Fostering Connections is undergoing the transition from project to embedded service.
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare Inc. is committed to health, safety and wellbeing of its staff. The Centre and its staff must comply with a range of statutory requirements including equal opportunity, occupational health and safety and privacy. The Centre requires staff to comply with its policies and procedures and related statutory requirements. Appointees are accountable for completing training on these matters and ensuring their knowledge is up to date.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Campaign Lead – Fostering Connections via Pro Bono Australia.