About the role
About the Opportunity
As Case Manager, you will be responsible for providing high quality case management services to clients who are homeless or in crisis situations, and providing intensive holistic support to help achieve housing stability and broader goals. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering high quality initial intake assessments, case management, and referrals
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating goal directed strategies and crisis interventions to meet the needs of clients presenting with multiple/complex needs, including risk assessments and safety plans
- Assisting clients to access ongoing accommodation options, and other relevant specialist support services
- Implementing case plan meetings, participating in service coordination, and identifying pathways out of the homelessness service system
- Maintaining accurate files, case notes, and databases using relevant platforms and systems
Locations: Northern & Western Suburbs of Melbourne
- Degree qualifications in Social/Youth Work, or in a related discipline, and experience working in the Community Services sector.
- Good knowledge of community outreach support programs and interventions, and ability to actively, and assertively engage people with complex needs.
- Experienced working within a case management framework, and understanding of the homelessness service system, with knowledge of patterns, trends, and systemic issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and child safety requirements
- Excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation, and problem solving skills
All successful applicants MUST have a current First Aid Certificate, NPC, VIC WWCC, valid Driver Licence, and Rights to Work in AUS.
Click “Apply Now” and include a current CV to make a formal application. For further details, please contact Michelle Madgwick on 0415 474 614.
About the organisation
Melbourne City Mission (MCM) is a leader and innovator in the provision of services to the community. Established in 1854, Melbourne City Mission is a non-denominational organisation that supports thousands of Victorian people and communities to overcome barriers, and disrupt disadvantage to live their life, their way.
As a service provider, Melbourne City Mission’s work is focussed on supporting people to take charge of their own lives, and participate fully in community life. Melbourne City Mission’s service profile includes: Children, Youth, Adult & Family; Disability; Employment, Education & Training; Homelessness; Justice; and Palliative Care. Our Healing Oriented Framework guides us in our trauma informed knowledge to enhance trauma responsiveness across all programs and deepens the capacity of teams and services in complex environments to provide healing oriented care.
As a social change agent, Melbourne City Mission advocates for social policy change, and works across all sectors in seeking to achieve sustainable outcomes for communities experiencing disadvantage.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Case Managers, Homelessness to Homes Program via Pro Bono Australia.