About the role
About the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
Founded 19 years ago, the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is Australia’s largest human rights organisation, providing support to people seeking asylum. We are an independent not-for-profit organisation whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social well being. We champion the rights of people seeking asylum and mobilise a community of compassion to create lasting social and policy change.
We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a change movement that supports people seeking asylum by providing critical services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services.
The ASRC movement is proudly supported by a community of committed volunteers and supporters who embrace the organisation’s vision that people seeking asylum can live safely, sustainably, independently and equally.
About The Role
The Casework Coordinator position primarily undertakes critical casework and program coordination within the Client Services Program. This includes supervising volunteers, duty work and crisis support as well as actively working cases for ASRC clients with medium to high needs.
The Casework Coordinators provide information, advice, advocacy, referral, and support to people seeking asylum around a range of different issues including health, immigration, legal, social and recreational, financial, material aid, employment, education, and counselling. The Client Services Program provides support to approximately 1000 clients and works with asylum seekers through every stage of the refugee determination process.
In addition to your extensive social work experience, passion for providing support to clients within a fast paced environment, as well as demonstrated skills in program coordination and/or program development, you will possess the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Relevant qualification in Social Work or a related professional discipline
- Experience in providing casework and support services to people seeking asylum or clients with complex needs
- Demonstrated experience undertaking intake, assessment and triaging client needs in a busy work environment
- Experience in problem analysis and identifying practice trends
- Ability to undertake risk assessments and experience in providing a crisis response to clients
This role will suit a confident communicator with highly developed interpersonal skills, and experience in successfully managing multiple stakeholders concurrently.
It is desirable that the successful candidate for this position possess experience in working directly with diverse communities and/or other marginalised communities, experience working in a multi-disciplinary context, and/or experience in housing, mental health and family violence.
Be a part of the largest human rights organisation for refugees and people seeking asylum, in Australia. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower people seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the relevant modern award:
- The ASRC offers Flexible Working Arrangements, including the ability to work remotely
- Generous Leave (annual Leave Loading of 17.5%)
- Additional discretionary leave provisions including:
- Bonus Paid Leave over the December-January Holiday Season
- Paid Pandemic Leave
- Leave due to Cultural or Religiously Significant Events
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Leave
- Leave for Staff Seeking Asylum
- Gender Affirmation Leave
- Free onsite parking
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2,650 per year tax free)
- Discounts via HR systems provider at grocery and retail outlets
- 100 metres from Footscray station and buses
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria (copy and paste link into web browser):
Only applications that include a CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria, will be considered.
Applications close Sunday 18th April 2020, 11:59pm.
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Casework Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.