About the role
The Board of St Kilda Community Housing (SCH) is looking for an entrepreneurial, compassionate and experienced CEO to successfully deliver our strategic plan.
This is an outstanding opportunity to grow the SCH of the future – maintaining the reputation and growing the profile of the organisation – and to increase low cost, safe housing options for people who are homeless and have complex needs in St Kilda and the Port Phillip municipality.
- Ensure ongoing viability and independence of SCH
- Maintain the reputation and increase the profile of SCH, and the engagement with its purpose for tenants, employees and contractors, the St Kilda community and local services.
- Develop and deliver agreed strategic options to increase low cost, safe housing options for people who are homeless and have complex needs in St Kilda and the Port Phillip municipality.
- Lead the administration and delivery of services associated with Property and Tenancy Management.
- Provide advocacy and stakeholder management at local community, state, national and international levels
- Develop and lead social housing policy research and initiatives.
- Reduce social, health and economic inequality for tenants.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Relevant Post-Graduate and Degree level qualifications
- Knowledge, senior experience and current relationships within government and across the social housing sector
- Developed and implemented strategic initiatives at a Program, Project or Policy level, showing a deep understanding of Local, State and Federal Government environments and how best to influence for change.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage change.
- Solid financial and risk management skills and experience at a senior management level, managing staff and budgets, and supporting a Board and ensuring good governance.
Benefits to You
- Competitive remuneration package – SCH maintains DGR status.
- Central, St Kilda location
- Opportunity to influence social change around affordable housing and connectedness of socially disadvantaged people
About the organisation
St Kilda Community Housing (SCH) started in the St Kilda area in 1984 by people with a passion for social justice through creating and supporting housing communities. The passion continues - SCH now manages 21 rooming houses, 350 tenancies, a social enterprise providing work opportunities for tenants, and enjoys a reputation for innovation in social housing.
SCH works with people who have experienced significant social disadvantage and are usually marginalized, many without links to family or community.
SCH aims to provide more than just housing, but to also lead a community which supports and encourages people to live a healthy life and become connected and engaged citizens.
Our Mission or Purpose is: Through sustainable housing we build communities that help socially disadvantaged people at risk of homelessness to improve their lives.
Our Vision is: To advocate for and deliver innovative housing solutions for at risk communities.
Our Values are: Inclusiveness, Integrity , Kindness, and Respect.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.