About the role
Launch Housing is entering an exciting period of renewal with unprecedented levels of government investment accelerating implementation of Launch Housing’s new high-impact strategy that aims to reverse the rate of street homelessness in Melbourne, and beyond.
Launch Housing needs a finance leader to help them meet the moment. Any rapid expansion carries risk and their highly engaged and commercial Board and CEO want a versatile, personable and engaged finance professional to help them steer towards good growth.
Although the majority of current expenditure is salary related and tied to government contracts for homelessness service provision, it is expected that housing assets will quickly increase in value as new projects get delivered necessitating close attention to capital and debt management structures. The organisation is also leveraging closer partnerships with impact investors, philanthropy and corporates to complement existing revenue streams and demonstrate impact. The move to mobile work and increased cyber security threats also requires thoughtful investment in information technology upgrades, including asset management and procurement systems, as well policies and procedures as part of a general uplift in corporate capability.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the senior team this role will lift the capability of finance and technology functions, whilst leading and supporting peers to deliver good growth necessary for ‘moment in time’ success.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Role model behaviours that exhibit Launch Housing’s service philosophy and values in action.
- Have CA/CPA qualifications with considerable senior level experience in financial and management accounting.
- Possess strong analytical, data manipulation, communication and influencing skills.
- Have an understanding and affinity for the way services are commissioned by government.
- Have considerable people leadership skills and be able to hold others and self to account.
- Be highly collaborative utilising enterprise and systems thinking to generate and create shared value.
- Display transparency – be able to clearly outline to differing management levels across the organisation the workings and reasoning behind high level financial decisions.
- Develop and nurture a partnership culture between the finance function and other areas within Launch Housing.
- Have an appropriate sense of urgency – able to respond quickly and clearly to stakeholders within the organisation, enabling them to make informed decisions that allows them to then get things done.
About the organisation
Launch Housing aims to have end homelessness in Melbourne and lead the way for other cities around the world.
Helping over 18,000 people annually and with 380 staff in 14 locations and with a turnover of $75 million, Launch Housing is of a size, yet nimble enough, to make a real impact on homelessness. The Board and Team at Launch Housing believe that homelessness is solvable but not without changing community attitudes and the stubborn persistence that some level of homelessness is inevitable and therefore tolerable.
How to apply
People for Purpose are assisting Launch Housing with this important role. The position description can be found on the People for Purpose website under Executive Search.
For a confidential discussion or for more information after reading the position description, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Launch Housing, visit their website at https://www.launchhousing.org.au/
To apply, you MUST submit a CV and covering letter outlining why you are interested in this role and your skills and experience are relevant to this opportunity.
Applications close 5.00pm Sunday, 25 April.
Please quote in application: Chief Financial Officer: Launch Housing via Pro Bono Australia.