About the role
Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 25 locations in Victoria.
This is an opportunity to join our expanding team of highly experienced and passionate people who want to make Australia a better place.
This role will involve the provision of assessment and treatment of a variety of psychological conditions across a broad client group including families and children. With quality supervision and clinical governance systems in place, this role is part of a multidisciplinary team of practitioners working in a collegiate and learning environment. Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of assessment & treatment by way of individual, group and/or family sessions;
- Development of Psychological Treatment Plans (PTPs), Reviewing progress of PTPs and the outcomes of sessions, supports and strategies
- Referral of clients to alternative support services where appropriate and liaison with related practitioners
- Development and delivery of group sessions as required, and;
- Development of networks and strengthening referral pathways in the region.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice, to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take home pay)
- Additional annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities.
Required Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Registered as a Psychologist, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or;
- Qualified and Registered as a Credentialed Mental Health Social Worker and eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and;
- Active provider number with Medicare would be well regarded
- Minimum of 2 years post-registration and experience in mental health
- Clinical experience working therapeutically with adults and children
- Familiarity with safety and risk screening and intervention
- Previous experience facilitating groups would be a distinct advantage.
With anticipated growth, we also welcome expressions of interest from provisional Psychologists who are interested in joining our multidisciplinary team.
Members of the LGBTI community and prospective candidates with a genuine interest in working with LGBTI community members are encouraged to apply. For more information about our Better Pride service, please visit this link: https://www.betterplaceaustralia.com.au/better-pride/.
This position is available on a full time or part time basis (0.6 – 0.8 FTE) and will be based in Pakenham incorporating service delivery within the Cardinia region. Evening work (until 8.00pm) is currently required 1 day per week.
For further information, please access a copy of the position description from our website: www.betterplaceaustralia.com.au.
About the organisation
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexuality and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not for profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
How to apply
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants who are either an AHPRA registered Psychologist, Provisional Psychologist or AASW Accredited Mental Health Social Worker will be considered. Apply today!
Please quote in application: Clinician– Psychologist or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker via Pro Bono Australia.