About the role
- Be part of a dynamic team, leading best practice in relationship management, fundraising and events
- Lead an awesome team of Community Giving Coordinators
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time, permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Community Giving Lead to join the Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD). Reporting to the Community Giving Manager your role is to:
- Lead, motivate and inspire a small team of Community Giving Coordinators in best practice relationship management, fundraising coaching, campaigns and events
- Create a team culture of accountability, growth mindset underpinned by our values of excellence, integrity and compassion
- Drive the strategic implementation of renowned and much-loved campaigns and events in the Victorian community
- Strive for opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement
- Act as a key representative of Cancer Council Victoria in communities, maximising opportunities for mission delivery
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in fundraising, marketing, events management or related field
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a high performing team and achieving results
- Demonstrated experience implementing event marketing and fundraising campaigns while adhering to organisational policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of fundraising principles in the non-for-profit sector
- Project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple events being delivered at the same time.
- Exceptional financial management skills with the drive to achieve targets within budget
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills including ability to relate with all types of supporters, volunteers, committees and suppliers.
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $74,173 – $83,396 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for creating ways for people to play their part in saving lives and reducing the impact of cancer.
Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council Victoria to achieve its mission of empowering people, saving lives and preventing cancer.
This is achieved through best-practice high volume fundraising approaches; exceptional relationship management of philanthropic partnerships; delivery of iconic fundraising events; and retail product sales and royalties.
The Division’s ways of working enable our teams to move quickly, deliver ongoing value to our supporters and foster a culture of continuous improvement. We connect our cause and values to how we organise ourselves, and our work.
The Community Giving Team is responsible for providing Victorians with inspiring, meaningful ways to contribute to a cancer free future. To achieve this, the Team is accountable for the strategy and implementation of key fundraising campaigns and events across the State. This dynamic Team takes a continuous improvement approach to innovation and business development, ensuring supporters have a great experience supporting Cancer Council.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Giving Lead (FCD.31) via Pro Bono Australia.