About the role
- Opportunity to join a dynamic team at a statewide, specialist community legal centre assisting vulnerable and disadvantaged Victorians with Centrelink legal issues
- Part time, 30.4 hours per week
- Fixed term to June 2022
- Based in Fitzroy
- Salary range $90,442 – $94,436 approx, pro-rata, depending on experience. Plus leave loading and superannuation guarantee contributions. Salary packing available.
The Community Lawyer provides direct client legal services and contributes to community legal education, community engagement and policy activities. The position has specific responsibilities in relation the following:
- Worker Help Line – providing information and secondary consultation services to other professionals who are assisting their clients with social security matters, contributing to development and distribution of resources and to service promotion, and assisting with service reporting and accountability
- Family Violence Project – exploring the intersection between social security and family violence through direct legal service delivery and representation, working with others to identify issues and trends, and proposing and advocating for change, and assisting with project reporting and accountability.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A qualified legal practitioner who
- Is eligible to practice in Victoria, and holds a current legal practising certificate
- Has experience in the areas or social security and administrative law and/or capacity to develop this knowledge
- Has experience in providing legal assistance services including information, advice, casework and representation
- Has experience and/or interest in community legal education and legal policy work
- Has experience in working with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders
- Is keen to make a difference and who is committed to working collaboratively, flexibly and innovatively to do so.
For inquiries about the position please contact Gillian Wilks on (03) 9481 0299.
About the organisation
SSRV is an independent, state-wide community legal centre that specialises in social security and related law, policy and procedure. Our vision is for a fair and just society in which all people are able to receive a guaranteed adequate income in order to enjoy a decent standard of living. SSRV’s contribution to this vision is the provision of legal services to vulnerable and disadvantaged Victorians, and those who support them, which assist them to secure and protect their right to equitable social security entitlements.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.