About the role
Position reports to:
Senior marketing associate
- Assist to secure renewals of brand partnerships through the design and implementation of targeted and effective marketing and communication plans that result in increased participation in programs, through both sign-ups and shipments.
- Achieve growth in participation in, and shipments from, TerraCycle’s Community Collection Hub network.
Community Collection Hub responsibilities (70%):
- Identify, onboard and nurture Community Collection Hubs with the aim of increasing shipment rates for specific programs.
- Act as main contact point for Community Collection Hub managers.
- Devise marketing and communication activities that encourage existing and potential collectors to sign up as Community Collection Hubs.
- Work with MarComm team to spotlight hubs in traditional and social media.
- Develop a loyalty program to ensure existing hubs collect and ship to their full potential.
Collector and community management (30%)
- Answer customer service enquiries for six hours per week (times to be determined with Snr marketing assoc).
- Assist Senior marketing associate with social media management and nurturing online community groups.
Skills and experience:
- Qualifications in marketing or communication.
- A couple of years’ paid experience in a marketing-related role.
- Excellent research skills.
- The confidence to make cold calls and the conviviality to connect with our existing and potential collectors.
- Demonstrated experience in nurturing customers using marketing analytics.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media best practice.
- Practical experience in targeted email campaigns.
- Experience in paid social strategy.
- Ability to think independently yet work in a close-knit team.
- Excellent writing skills across a range of mediums.
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- High energy, positive entrepreneur and fun team player who can collaborate cross-functionally
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
About the organisation
At TerraCycle, our mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. As a global innovator in the circular economy, our specialities lie in recycling hard-to-recycle materials. Our programs collect and recycle for almost any waste stream such as babies' nappies, cigarette butts and chewing gum, which we then turn into new products, like the world's first shampoo bottle made with beach plastic.
As a social enterprise, we drive positive change by partnering with some of the world’s largest corporations to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. This has seen us engage over 80 million consumers, to raise $44 million for charities and recycle over 1 million pounds of waste. In 2019, TerraCycle was Fortune Magazines “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
More recently, we launched the zero-waste retail platform “Loop”, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop will be launched in Australia in partnership with Woolworths in Q4 2021/Q1 2022.
About the team
You will share TerraCycle’s mission to make waste a thing of the past. You’ll be joining a thriving, purpose-driven team in our waste-free, Sydney office. You’ll be an advocate and agent for change, who can work autonomously, while also collaborating with a tight-knit team of impassioned eco-warriors.