About the role
To be considered for this role you will have extensive experience in counselling and your level of service and follow up is ethical, driven and deeply ingrained into your style.
As a member of our team, you will assist your clients to:
- optimise their resilience
- increase their willingness and ability to seek support
- increase their willingness and ability to offer support to others
In return you will become a key player in a growing and evolving organisation in an industry that really cares, working in a friendly values driven environment, where you will help to make a difference in the lives of people every day.
The role includes:
- Manage counselling case load and client notes (working within a time allowance of 15 minutes of note taking time for every hour of counselling conducted)
- Liaise with the Service Delivery Director and Senior Counsellor and maintain professional documentation and administrative systems according to OzHelp requirements.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards in the management of clients including confidentiality and duty of care.
- Remain abreast of professional trends and literature relevant to provision of best practice counselling and client support.
- Assist the Service Delivery Director with the development and maintenance of quality processes in relation to counselling support services.
- Liaise regularly with the Senior Counsellor on strategies for the continual improvement of OzHelp support and counselling services.
- Maintain regular professional supervision and ongoing professional development (OPD) as required by professional counselling membership and OzHelp supervision policy.
- If required, provide internal practice supervision for support staff in accordance with the OzHelp Supervision Policy.
About the organisation
As well as our counselling services, OzHelp delivers online screening and educational tools, backed up by real-time supports via phone or face-to-face, workplace health and well-being awareness programs, screening and support services, which are accessible to workers nation-wide regardless of remoteness.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria and explaining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Counsellor – Part-time via Pro Bono Australia.