About the role
Employment Consultant (two positions available)
As one of our newest Employment Consultants you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We will support and guide you to empower individuals in the community to find rewarding work and break down any barriers to employment that they may face.
We are seeking the input of a career-minded person who likes a challenge, is self-motivated, and has good business acumen. Expression Employment prides itself on maintaining a supportive and fun work culture, whilst acknowledging the valued work that we do in assisting people with barriers into worthwhile employment.
If you are looking for rewarding work with a fun, close-knit team who are passionate about what they do, and are a goal oriented individual who is committed to making a difference, we would like to hear from you!
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Provide employment support and advice to a caseload of job seekers who experience barriers to employment
- Develop effective employer partnerships and actively promote diversity in the workplace
- Create sustainable employment opportunities for our job seekers
- Provide on-the-job training and ongoing support to both employers and job seekers
QUALITIES THAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- DES experience is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of the Deaf and hard of hearing community
- Auslan proficiency (Certificate IV or Diploma in Auslan is highly regarded)
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health or transferable field preferred
- Commitment and passion for improving the lives of others
- Excellent administration, computer and time management skills
IN ADDITION TO REWARDING WORK, WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-time role
- Auslan training
- A competitive salary including salary sacrificing to increase your take home pay
- Generous conditions and a focus on work life balance
- A positive and engaging work environment with ongoing support and training
- Being part of something bigger – we are a department of Expression Australia, a progressive, iconic community organisation established in 1884
About the organisation
Expression Australia, formerly known as Vicdeaf/Tasdeaf, is a progressive not-for-profit organisation with a vision for access, inclusion and equal opportunity. Established in 1884, we are a leader in providing services to people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or who experience barriers to participation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Employment Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.