About the role
- A wonderful opportunity to apply your legal and administrative skills to help Cancer Council Victoria save lives and reduce the impact of cancer.
- Be a part of one of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time, ongoing position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
. Reporting to the Gifts in Wills Manager your role as Estates Coordinator is to:
- Manage and process estates from end to end – from notification through to the final distribution of funds in line with best practice, to ensure the best financial outcome for Cancer Council Victoria.
- Maintain accurate records and log all correspondence in the database.
- Prepare accurate briefings relating to the complex, high value or disputed estates
- Cultivate relationships with executors, families, solicitors, accountants, and other beneficiary charities, where required
- Report on the financial data and activities of the program.
All about you
- Comfortable working with complex legal and financial documents
- Someone who has strong relationship management skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders with conflicting interests and timelines
- Organised and process driven, with an ability to work autonomously and have the proven ability to meet deadlines
- A self-starter who also enjoys being part of a team
- Someone who aligns with Cancer Council Victoria’s values of excellence, integrity and compassion.
- Strong organisation, administrative and computer skills, including experience using a CRM database
- An understanding of basic financial and legal principles
- Advanced skills in writing business correspondence, to solicitors, executors, accountants and senior managers
- Sophisticated interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop and build mutually beneficial relationships
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative with tact and diplomacy
- Advanced skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a legal or paralegal environment is desirable.
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $62,883 – $75,000 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division is responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council Victoria’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
The Gifts in Will’s team form part of the Partnerships and Philanthropy Unit and is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of our gift in Will supporters, the growth of the Gifts in Wills program and the administration of estates. The team is committed to following supporter first principles and works together to ensure that our supporters know that they are appreciated and valued.
The Estates Coordinator will also be responsible for improving the processes and tools that relate to the administration of estates bequeathed to Cancer Council Victoria to ensure accurate and detailed records of estates revenue and anticipated estate revenue.
How to apply
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Renee McLoughlin on email@example.com, using the subject line Estates Co-ordinator.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check
Applications close Thursday 22 April 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.
Please quote in application: Estates Coordinator (FCD.28) via Pro Bono Australia.