About the role
Advises the Group Chief Executive Officer and Executive and works alongside the Board and Leadership Teams on their responsibility to understand the Christian ministry of healthcare, the ethos of service, the charism that continues to inspire the Sisters of Mercy and the guiding philosophy and theology of the Catholic Church.
Mercy Health has an exciting leadership opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to commence as Executive Director Mission Leadership on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Group CEO, you will provide expertise and strategic leadership in the area of Mercy Health’s identity as a ministry of the Catholic Church.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with the Board, Group Chief Executive Officer, Executive and Leadership Teams contributing to strategy, planning, policy development and the coordination and delivery of formation programs, and to ensure the identity and charism that inspires the Sisters of Mercy and the traditions of the Catholic Church are strengthened across the organisation.
You have substantial experience in designing, implementing and evaluating programs of formation within a Catholic ministry together with strong leadership qualities and though leadership.
- Experience working at a senior leadership level within a multidisciplinary organisation.
- Experience in strategic planning and coordinating the delivery of formation programs preferably in the health, community and aged care sectors.
- Tertiary qualifications in Catholic Theology, Ministry or a related area of study complemented by a Post Graduate tertiary qualification in Catholic Theology, Ministry or related studies such as ethics.
- Demonstrated capacity for building collaborative relationships in order to foster a united approach to Mission leadership
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of Mercy Health and to work within the framework of the Catholic Church
About the organisation
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the apply link.
Please quote in application: Executive Director Mission Leadership via Pro Bono Australia.