About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 30 August 2021
- Based at Pakenham
About the opportunity
The Family Services Program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. Responding to referrals from Child FIRST, the program provides assertive outreach and home based supports.
In a typical day, a Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Review with your supervisor plans to support a family’s goals
- Consult with Child Protection
- Discuss a difficult case with your team members in a Reflective Practice meeting
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- An understanding of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking risk assessments and planning appropriate intervention strategies
- The ability to utilise a strengths-based, child-centered approach to case management
- Capacity to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the needs of families, children and young people
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability for the position)
- Current resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Tuesday 16 March 2021
Get in touch
Abigail Ankers – Team Leader, Family Services
T: (03) 5945 3900
Bask Cassar – Manager, Child and Family Services South
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.