About the role
An opening now exists for Launch Housing’s General Manager for Getting Housing, a critical portfolio that responds to people without a place to call home or a safe place to stay on any given night. This senior leadership position works to implement Launch’s ambitious strategy, as well as engaging and mobilising a passionate team who are providing frontline services at various sites across the greater metropolitan area. With a focus on reducing homelessness, this portfolio leads strategic activities such as pursuing Melbourne Zero and street counts, leading innovations in emergency and crisis accommodation management and further developing local government relationships in a deliberate and strategic manner.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Role model behaviours that exhibit Launch Housing’s service philosophy and values in action.
- Be strong in stakeholder engagement within a complex environment, both internally and externally.
- Understand service risks and where structures can be enhanced to improve outcomes for clients and staff.
- Understand what government, philanthropic and corporate funders need to support high impact service delivery and have an ability to influence and successfully work with those stakeholders.
- Display financial and business acumen – able to balance the human side of Launch’s work with the need to manage resources and finances to deliver on strategic goals.
- Be an outstanding communicator, and a collaborator with purpose – able to influence, engender trust, and be successful at networking and advocacy.
- A people leader, focused on client and community outcomes, who is innovative and able to hold others and self to account.
- Have an appropriate sense of urgency – able to respond quickly and clearly to the portfolio team, enabling them to get things done.
- Executive level experience in a client facing human services role would be desirable.
About the organisation
Launch Housing aims to have end homelessness in Melbourne and lead the way for other cities around the world.
Helping over 18,000 people annually and with 380 staff in 14 locations and with a turnover of $75 million, Launch Housing is of a size, yet nimble enough, to make a real impact on homelessness. The Board and Team at Launch Housing believe that homelessness is solvable but not without changing community attitudes and the stubborn persistence that some level of homelessness is inevitable and therefore tolerable.
Launch Housing is entering an exciting period of renewal with unprecedented levels of government investment accelerating implementation of Launch Housing’s new high-impact strategy that aims to reverse the rate of street homelessness in Melbourne, and beyond.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager, Getting Housing: Launch Housing via Pro Bono Australia.