About the role
The Gifts in Wills Officer will be responsible for the development and execution of the Gifts in Wills fundraising strategy for The Leprosy Mission Australia.
This position is created for a ‘people’ person with building genuine and long-lasting relationships the key to success. We are looking for applicants with 4+ years’ experience in the NFP sector/ and or fundraising experts who regard themselves as great conversationalist, and more importantly good listeners.
High level of computing skills and an understanding of the importance of a donor database is also essential.
Areas of focus
The Gifts in Wills Officer is responsible for the development and execution of The Leprosy Mission Australia’s Gifts in Wills fundraising strategy, including growth plans, for the purpose of maintaining a sustainable income stream.
Playing a critical role in the fundraising team, the position will develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to raise the profile of The Leprosy Mission Australia and increase Gifts in Will pledges as part of the philanthropy strategy.
As an expert in your field, you will have a demonstrated understanding in Gifts in Wills fundraising as well as high level interpersonal skills for communicating, building and nurturing relationships with donors. The ideal applicant will have excellent presentation and public speaking skills, with the ability to interact confidently with diverse audiences.
Key Criteria of the role
- Develop and implement a thriving Gifts in Wills program in line with The Leprosy Mission Australia’s fundraising strategy and strategic plan
- Grow the number of confirmed bequestors to The Leprosy Mission Australia through managing and nurturing existing relationships, as well as identifying, cultivating and soliciting new relationships
- Develop and coordinate an annual calendar of strategic engagement events to grow support/members of The Leprosy Mission Australia Bequestors Club
- Manage and coordinate stewardship activities for donors including the provision of personalised communications, impact reports, bespoke events, Gifts in Wills collateral and effectively handle enquiries from supporters, solicitors and the general public
You will possess
- Between 2 – 4+ years’ experience fundraising in the not-for-profit sector ideally with a focus on building and managing relationships
- Demonstrated experience in leading meaningful engagement activities including, coordinating a broad range of high-quality functions, activities and events in line with the Gifts in Wills strategy
- Excellent communication skills – high level report and proposal writing, research, presentation and time management skills
- A track record of success in meeting KPIs and set targets, and implementing strategic fundraising plans
- Learning mindset with commitment to bringing best practice in Gifts in Wills processing to The Leprosy Mission Australia
- Ability to gather market intelligence/ best practice strategies from diverse sources and use this information for business benefit
- Well-developed computer skills in business software and CRM database (ThankQ).
- High emotional intelligence, self-awareness and self-care
- A commitment to The Leprosy Mission Australia values
Your remuneration package that is designed to reward you for your efforts whilst being true to our mission includes generous super and applicable exempt fringe benefits.
The role is part time 22.5 hours per week. Flexibility in days and hours will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Leprosy Mission Australia has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. It is a requirement to sign and comply with all TLM organisational policies, including the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a recent National Police Check certificate and obtain a Working with Children check.
About the organisation
We are a leprosy-focused Christian organisation that works internationally, a key global player in the fight against leprosy. We are a Global Fellowship comprising Members from across the world.
We work with people of all faiths and none to bring about the defeat of leprosy and transformation in the lives of those affected, partnering with the local church and other stakeholders.
Through resourcing and supporting our global networks, our mission seeks to bring about transformation; breaking the chains of leprosy, empowering people to attain healing, dignity and life in all its fullness.
How to apply
How to apply
If you are passionate about ending leprosy in our lifetime and you are ready to take caring supporters on a journey to inspire them to leave their mark for generations to come, please apply!
Using the Apply Now button, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that tells us in one page:
- What is it about this role that makes you want to apply?
- What your skills and experience can bring to this role?
- Why you want to work with The Leprosy Mission Australia?
Please quote in application: Gift in Wills Officer via Pro Bono Australia.