About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- An opportunity to make a difference
- Based at Mount Waverley
- 3 x Full time, initially maximum term positions available
- 2 x Contracts until October 2022
- 1 x Contract until March 2023
About the opportunity
Homelessness to Home (H2H) is a new program delivered across our Eastern Melbourne region in response to homelessness caused by the Covid-19 global pandemic. The program will provide property services and wrap around supports to vulnerable consumers who are experiencing homelessness, and have been accommodated in motels through the Covid-19 pandemic.
As a Homelessness Case Coordinator, you will conduct assessments and develop tailored case plans that support consumers to address their immediate homelessness and longer-term housing stability. The Case Coordinator will work collaboratively with a range of services to provide integrated support to clients with complex needs. The role will assist consumers to enhance their independence, maintain tenancies, and prepare them for their transition from hotel accommodation to suitable stable housing within the private rental market or DHHS housing.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Diploma (or higher) qualification in welfare work, social work or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Extensive experience within the homelessness services or community services sector
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals with multiple complex needs
- Knowledge of rough sleepers and associated social issues
- A consumer-centered approach, with the ability to customise supports according to the individual needs of each client
- Proven ability work collaboratively with other programs and services to achieve optimal outcomes for clients
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Thursday 8 April 2021
Get in touch
Brendon Wotherspoon – Senior Worker, Homelessness Services
T: (03) 9051 3000
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Homelessness Case Coordinator - H2H Program via Pro Bono Australia.