About the role
Position: Ignite facilitator
Location: Marrickville, New South Wales, Australia
Industry: Not for Profit and Charities
- Based in Marrickville with flexible working options
- Attractive Salary packaging
- 12 months contract role, working full time hours, 35 hours per week
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Ignite facilitates business creation for people from refugee backgrounds who are keen to establish a small business or expand an existing one. Aspiring entrepreneurs are supported by Ignite facilitators, business mentors and a Resource Team made up of volunteers from local businesses, councils, chambers of commerce and other individuals who can share their business knowledge and skills. This unique and pioneering program is now open to the community as a whole, giving everyone an equal chance to grow and thrive.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The IGNITE Facilitator will support passionate entrepreneurs start new businesses or strengthen existing ones. The IGNITE facilitator will work individually with each entrepreneur, to tailor an eco-system of support for each venture to ensure businesses meet Australian regulatory requirements, are viable, sustainable and have growth potential.
- The facilitator will support up to 30 active entrepreneurs at any one time and will help entrepreneurs start new or strengthen existing businesses. Outcomes include the establishment of 20 businesses per 100 referrals.
- Engage with local communities, businesses, Chambers of Commerce, Educational and Finance Institutions, SSI case managers, and all other relevant organisations to create referral pathways and systems for passionate entrepreneurs into the initiative.
- Establish a business ecosystem of support for each venture and connect entrepreneurs to expertise.
- Develop links to a resource pool for: product development, financial management, marketing and promotion, regulations and compliance and any business support required.
- Identify and source necessary resources to successfully execute business plans for Ignite entrepreneurs to access micro loans and finance.
- This support may include private sector stakeholders as well as stakeholders internal to SSI.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with a diverse and wide-ranging group of stakeholders. These stakeholders will provide expertise and support and can include members from the private, corporate, agricultural, business, academic, community and government sectors
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist new and existing businesses in the Greater Sydney region.
The person we are looking for must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and age ranges. They will provide free, confidential and ongoing one-on-one support to help establish new or strengthen existing businesses. They will be working across community including newcomers and those entrepreneurs who have never shared their ideas for business before.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for working with diverse groups of people and can provide targeted support to help others achieve success;
- Has very strong communication skills and is able to strengthen community, government and corporate connections;
- Is self-initiating and flexible in their approach to problem solving;
- Feels comfortable working in ambiguous settings and is able to work independently;
- Has a strong ability to forge networks and harness opportunities for a wide variety of entrepreneurs;
- Preferably has small business experience and / or demonstrated business acumen.
It is imperative that you address the “About You” section in your cover letter. Application without one will not be considered.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org o r call (contact person) on (contact number)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: Ignite facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.