About the role
- Based in South Eastern & Western Regions
- Full Time Role contracted to June 2023
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
Jobs Advocates will work in local communities by connecting, supporting and navigating Victorian jobseekers to find information on how they can secure sustainable and meaningful employment. Job Advocates will work on the ground and proactively connect with people, where they are, in their local communities.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Relevant experience: Previous community engagement experience and/or knowledge of best practice community engagement principles and practice & working with people from culturally & linguistically diverse backgrounds
- High level of interpersonal skills: Demonstrated ability to understand and identify a range of client needs using a client-centred approach; capacity to deal sensitively and intelligently with difficult issues – trauma informed
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated experience engaging and communicating with groups of people, tailoring communication to suit specific & diverse cohorts
- Negotiation and influence skills: Ability to influence and gain cooperation of internal and external stakeholders to create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- Adaptation and problem-solving skills: Demonstrated resilience adapting to changing environments; proposes innovative solutions to identified problems
- Organisational skills and teamwork: Ability to effectively plan and manage multiple tasks independently and as part of a team; ability to work collaboratively to achieve outcomes
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the employment, education and/or community services system would be well-regarded;
- Bilingual skills relevant to the local community would be well-regarded;
- Current drivers’ licence
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org o r call (contact person) on (contact number)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: Jobs Victoria Advocates via Pro Bono Australia.