About the role
- New and exciting role working to support people in the Community
- Full Time Role until June 2023
- Based in Collingwood
About the Role
The team leader will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Jobs Victoria Advocate support system & service. The role will be responsible for ongoing daily support and supervision to 3 Jobs Victoria Advocates and the Assistant role; to deliver valuable supports and services to Victorians facing barriers to employment and assisting them to prepare or secure suitable employment, education pathways and referrals to community support services. This role and the Jobs Advocates will work in local communities to ensure Victorian jobseekers know where they can go to find the information, advice and support they need to move into sustainable work. Advocates will proactively connect with people, where they are, in their regular c ommunity settings.
The team leader will have good leadership skills with the ability to successfully work and adapt in high pressure situation. The role will encourage, support and resource team members to build positive partnerships between individuals, families, local organisations, and the wider community. Previous experience in managing a small team committed to person centred practice whilst modelling positive behaviours that inspire accountability in all team members as they deliver the Jobs Victoria Advocate, would be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Relevant experience: Previous community engagement experience and/or knowledge of best practice community engagement principles and practice; employment, good leaderships skills;
- High level of interpersonal skills: Demonstrated ability to understand and identify a range of client needs using a client-centred approach; capacity to deal sensitively and intelligently with difficult issues;
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated experience engaging and communicating with groups of people, tailoring communication to suit specific cohorts;
- Negotiation and influence skills: Ability to influence and gain cooperation of internal and external stakeholders to create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships;
- Adaptation and problem-solving skills: Demonstrated resilience adapting to changing environments; proposes innovative solutions to identified problems;
- Organisational skills and developing effective teams: Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks independently and as part of a team; develop and mentor staff, ensuring tasks are appropriately delegated and managed at the appropriate level and staff are accountable for service delivery and work objectives.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the employment, education and/or community services system would be well-regarded;
- Bilingual skills relevant to the local community would be well-regarded;
- Current drivers’ licence
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
About the Function
Jobs Victoria Employment Services are a State government initiative established in 2016 aimed at supporting Victorian jobseekers to find suitable employment and education pathways. In recognition of the challenges b rought by the coronavirus pandemic, the Victorian Government has invested money into the new iteration of Jobs Victoria services through an integrated suite of employment supports including Job Advocates.
How to apply
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com o r call (contact person) on (contact number)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: Jobs Victoria Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.